Saturday, September 14, 2013

To end our Summer...

So even though I live in Arizona where the heat of Summer lasts well into the beginning of October, as soon as September hits...I am all over Fall.  I love Fall time, and mid-September is right about the time I start missing Utah, so beautiful there. Of course, I do love my Arizona and am happy to say that when I went outside this evening it wasn't deathly hot. It was even cool enough to take a walk if you ask me :) That being said, we have had a fun time 'ending our summer' before gearing up for Holiday times and Em's first Birthday.

Some of the endings include...

My Aunt Kelly, Cousin Sydney and her beautiful baby girl Bentlee came down to visit and we are so glad they did. They're a party! We were brave and went to the zoo in the heat, too hot but still fun.

 My Aunt Laurie also got to come! 
 I think she likes Grandma more than me
 Emery points at everything now, and if she points at you...well, you better point back and touch her finger. It's like her own version of a fist bump. 

 Fail. She hated the splash pad and wouldn't let me put her down.

 Remember those little changes I talked about in a post while back? Well this one has been a long time coming. I never liked the shelves above my couch when we first moved in and I FINALLY put my foot down, used my hard earned money(okay not that hard earned, I clean Court's office building once a week for some extra cash :) totally worth it) and got some shelves I have had my eye on for quite some time. So much better. Our family room feels complete now.  It's the little things right?

We headed to Norco, California to go see Grammy! It was a short trip, but fun and relaxing. I am so glad we made it up there for Labor Day weekend. Sadly, these are the only pictures Court and I took-Em before we headed off to church and Em with the chilly pad around her at the park. We're missin' Grammy even more around here now.

 Swimming, swimming, swimming as much as we can until it gets too cold.

 And of course Cook family BBQ's filled with good food, pool ball and Just Dance! Watching my parents dance was the funniest. And me and my sisters might have hogged the dancing sessions, it was a blast. 
And last, but not least...my brother Trevor made it down from China for a visit. Yay! We have missed him and are so glad we have been able to spend time with him.

I'm hoping we can get in a cabin trip before my grandparents close it up for Winter, we'll see. 
If we don't though, I am happy to report this Summer has still been a fun one, So bring on the Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment