Friday, November 16, 2012

Our life now

So I made a little list how our lives have changed so far, or just things I have noticed about having a baby.

1. Our camera is literally by our side everyday to take pictures of her. Now newborns don't do that much, by how many pictures we tak you'd think this little baby was doing something crazy different like gymnastics. But no. We just think she is the most precious thing in the world.

2. Babies are loud sleepers. Emery has so many little grunts and coo's.  Court calls my ears 'mommy ears' But seriously I can hear this girl when she is down stairs and I'm upstairs in my room. I'm glad she is loud though because I'm paranoid so hearing her makes me feel better :)

3. My time management is at a whole new level. And mind you, it just started this week, the first 2 weeks I had no schedule. It's amazing how such a tiny baby controls everything you do, and amazing how much stuff they require. Getting ready to go places takes a bit more time now.

4. And that's my fourth, it's amazing how much more stuff you need to have with you when you leave the house with a baby. I don't even want to think about going on a trip right now haha.

5. Sleeping will never be the same, as in I will never take it for granted.

6. I never knew I could get so happy staring at a little baby and watching her little facial expressions. Or just so happy looking at her, holding her, giving her a bath, etc.

7. I never knew I could get so sad/happy when I noticed all her new born clothes are starting to get a little small. Or cry like a little kid when she took a bottle so easily and so well. These tiny babies don't say tiny for long and while I can't wait for her to start learning new things and playing, it already makes me a little nostalgic to see her getting bigger.

8. I knew I couldn't wait to be a mom, but I had no idea I'd love it as much as I do. When I was pregnant with Emery I didn't have a job the last 4 months and I'm not going to lie that I felt a little worthless being at home. I always gave myself projects and things to work on but I didn't feel like I was contributing, It made me a little nervous, like what if I felt this way after she came? Happy to say I do not. I would not change being at home with her. I love it. For me, it is the best thing in the world.

I'm going to end my list there and not bore any longer :) I guess I just sometimes can't believe me and Court have a little baby now, that OUR family has started and that we are entering such a different stage. I have to say (yes, I know it's only been 3 weeks) I love it so far! It's weird to think that Em wasn't a part of our lives just 3 weeks ago, she just fits right into them so perfectly :) Now i'm not saying it hasn't been an adjustment, because it has. However, it really hasn't been as hard as Court and I thought it would be which we are grateful for. We feel very lucky, Em has been such a good little baby! (Fingers crossed she stays that way)

Now here are all those pictures I'm talking about.









Believe it or not, she already looks a little different now. We just love this little girl so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment