Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Our Latest (Parenting) Adventure...

About a month ago I was talking to Court about how Emery had leaked through her diaper during the night, and that led to me telling him about how I kinda feel bad about how many diapers we go through because it makes so much trash. That then led me to telling him, 'by the way, I need to get some more diapers', and then we both said we were spending a lot on diapers. Well, Court decided to do some intense research on cloth diapers. His research convinced me. Plus, I feel like (in a very small way) I am contributing to a healthier world to live in. 

I think when people think of cloth diapers they think of something like a rag, and pins, and all that sort. I have to say though, the cloth diaper world has come a long way. Yes, the cleaning them is a little more intense, but not nearly as bad as you think it would be. I have to say I am glad we made the switch. I feel like they are much more comfortable for the babe, don't leak as bad, we can use them for our other kids, and they are adjustable. It has already saved us money too. Overall it has been a good experience so far, and hopefully it stays that way :) 

 Plus she looks so cute in her colored ones haha


Who cares about the diaper, don't you want to just squeeze this little girl?! 


3 comments:

  1. Ooo...I've been curious about the cloth diaper. What effect has it had on your washer and dryer, if any?

    she gets cuter every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep goin strong carly! she is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't effect the washer, and I hang dry just to keep them in better shape but you can dry them on delicate.

    ReplyDelete